In our thirty-fifth episode, we stick with the four topic format and discuss: wayfinding, the 2014 municipal census, public engagement on construction projects, and some new events coming up, Nuit Blanche and Diner en Blanc.
Have you seen the new wayfinding signs downtown? This is your last week to provide feedback to the City of Edmonton! Another cool new initiative was the online census, which wrapped up on Sunday night. Door-to-door collection starts May 10.
Graham has a bee in his bonnet about NIMBYism and people complaining about things moving ahead at the last minute, but Mack feels there is a lot more that could be done with public engagement. Certainly you need to do your part as a citizen to pay attention and to learn about the things that are important to you, but there’s also a responsibility on the part of the City to make it easier for citizens to be consulted on projects.
What’s with these French events coming up? A late night art festival and an outdoor dinner in white are both coming to Edmonton.
Here are some relevant links for this episode:
- Finding your way around downtown Edmonton is about to get easier
- Walk Edmonton Lays Out New Direction in Urban Wayfinding
- Edmonton’s 2014 Municipal Census goes online
- Edmonton’s Online Census Over Soon
- City of Edmonton: Public Engagement
- Nuit Blanche festival coming to Edmonton
- Diner en Blanc Edmonton
Thanks for listening!