In our fifty-seventh episode we discuss the City’s ongoing branding efforts, the new Baccarat Casino downtown, the funicular proposed to improve access to the river valley, and the revamped Varscona Theatre.
Why is city branding important? What has Make Something Edmonton been up to? Why is it taking so long to get some sort of result? Could we have done it more quickly? What can we learn from other successful branding efforts, like ATB Financial?
We finally have some news about what’s happening with the Baccarat Casino, so what’s the story? What other kinds of announcements should we expect about the arena district? The City says the funicular is going to happen this year – what do we think about that? Will it be enough to get people into the river valley? The Varscona Theatre is being revamped from the ground up and looks to be a beautiful new arts facility.
We discuss those topics, questions and more! We close with a few thoughts on the provincial election.
Here are some relevant links for this episode:
- Make Something Edmonton
- Branding Edmonton: Signs & Slogans
- Edmonton Tourism Official Site
- Duchess Bake Shop named on Buzzfeed’s international bakery bucket list
- Baccarat Casino to be replaced
- Downtown funicular getting closer to reality
- Goodbye – and an affectionate good riddance – to the old Varscona Theatre
Thanks for listening!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download