In episode #3 we discuss the uncertain future of the Rossdale Power Plant. EPCOR is keen to offload the property to the City by the end of March, but a new City report suggested that it could cost up to $87 million to repurpose the buildings. What should we do? That’s one of the topics we explore!
We also talk about our inability to preserve historical buildings, and the way the Rossdale Power Plant fits in with the other plans that are in place nearby (such as the West Rossdale Urban Design Plan and the new Walterdale Bridge).
Here are some relevant links for this episode:
- Rossdale Power Plant – Status Update (PDF)
- West Rossdale Urban Design Plan
- River Valley Alliance – 2012-2016 Capital Project
- CBC: City faces $87M cost for Rossdale renovations
- CBC: Historic designation stands in way of Rossdale demolition
What do you think should happen to the Rossdale Power Plant? Let us know!